Saturday, November 17, 2012

Finally, an appointment with an oncologist

I found out yesterday afternoon I'll be seeing a medical oncologist Monday, instead of a radiation oncologist as we'd been told Wednesday. Not sure if the surgeon got the final biopsy results and decided I needed to see someone different, or if scheduling couldn't be worked out, or what. The oncologist I'm seeing is said to be the best at UAB, so I've got no complaints about the change of plans, even though the other had very impressive credentials as well. The one I'm seeing was recommended by at least one oncologist in Atlanta that a sister-in-law talked to.
I'm thankful to be seeing him Monday. I wasn't sure if I'd have to wait until after Thanksgiving for an initial consult.
Sometimes the Christian life can be a paradox. I'm trusting God to heal me and remove the cancer or dry it up, and a lot of people are praying for that as well, but at the same time I'm ready to get the show on the road and start whatever kind of treatment is most likely to take care of the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment