Friday, November 23, 2012

Monday is test day

Full day Monday. Starting at 7 AM and continuing until after 4 PM, I have a PET scan, which helps determine if any places look suspicious for cancer, then a blood marrow biopsy, which determines and hopefully eliminates the possibility of the lymphoma being produced in marrow, then a CAT scan of my neck and pelvis to make sure the lymphoma hasn't spread to those areas other than the place in my neck we already know about, and finally an echo-cardiogram to make sure my heart is in good shape for the chemo treatments. I'm not sure in the difference in a PET scan and a CAT scan, thankfully I don't have to know all the details.
After that the doctor will be able to stage the cancer and chemo will begin.
I'm still working my full time job except days where I've had doctors appointments. I was off eight working days during the time of my first two surgeries and two days for my second. After my first chemo treatment I'll see how my body responds so I'll know how much time I'll be off after each treatment. The doctor (or maybe it was the nurse) said the response to the first treatment is usually an indication of how they'll all go.
I've also got a tooth that's been hurting some lately, and I need to get it taken care of before the chemo starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment