Thursday, October 25, 2012

More delays

We found out today the biopsy results are in, but apparently only the doctor can discuss what they mean with us. Audrey went to Kirklin Clinic and got a copy of them and is still trying to make sense of them. She's a nurse, not a doctor, and they are apparently very complex and hard to understand. I think I'm being more laid back about it than I would if were Audrey another family member awaiting test results. When my primary care physician looked at the place on my neck and said it was probably a swollen gland and to come back if it didn't go down in three weeks, I should've said "No way, who can I see about this." But as the saying goes, hindsight is 20-20.
The doctor is out until Monday so we have an appointment for Monday morning so he can go over the results and tell us what needs to happen next. I have several friends who have had cancer, and some have it still. Has anyone ever heard of having to wait nearly two weeks after surgery to get biopsy results?
I think I'll read for a while before going to bed. As Groucho Marx said, "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you have to deal with this I'm praying you get answers soon

    ReplyDelete